Monday, October 17, 2011

Prologue - love never fails

Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8a)

To be very honest, I don't read many blogs. I love listening to online messages, but for some reason I'm not the blog reading person. Not because I dislike reading, actually the contrary is true.

Still there are several reasons to start blogging. Firstly I don't seem to be able to keep my findings and revelations and experiences to myself, which might be a very healthy quality (most of the time). Moreover I'm the type of person that finds it fairly easy to pray and to worship God, but it takes more effort to really read and think about the Bible for myself. So this blog might be some sort of journal or maybe it might just be my notes when reading my Bible, actually it doesn't matter.

As said before, worshipping God is quite easy for me. I mean, God created everything we know about, and still cares about us. Jesus describes in Matthew 30 how even sparrows do not fall outside of God's care, how all the hairs on our head are numbered and how much we mean to God. God cares for us. God loves us. Knowing that the Most High loves me, forgives me still after all the things I've done wrong and cares for me and wants to take care of me gives an indescribable feeling. It makes me want to be in His presence.

I hope this encourages you to spend more time in worship. God is almighty, but God is also caring and loving. Love never fails.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment