Saturday, February 16, 2013

Accept it

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.


This is one of those scriptures that you probably have heard a gazillion times in church, or Sunday school or wherever. And probably one of the hardest verses to really accept. A scripture that I am reminded of almost daily that it is not my because of my works that I am saved and now have the privilege to serve in church and build the House.

Sometimes it's hard to accept gifts. I sometimes feel that if someone gives me big gifts, I need to give something in return. I know people that keep track of who gave them what on their birthdays, so they know how big their gift needs to be in return. For whatever reason. Praise God that He does not work that way. He deserves all glory for saving us. We are saved by grace. Ephesians 2:4 states that our God is rich in mercy. So true. And it is not through our faith that we are saved. It is not a case of 'if your faith is big enough'. It is a classic case of my God is bigger. No way you can boast in this. Boast in our Lord and Savior.

Moreover praise God that salvation is not the end goal. We are created in Jesus for good works. He thought of us before the foundation of the world, even then He had good works planned out for us. For us all; we are all His workmanship. That includes the people I like and the people I like a bit less.

Does that mean I need more of Him, so I can love more like Him? Looks like it hey.

His love never fails.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment