Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Worship lifestyle part two


1 Cor 10:31-33
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God - even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Last post I discussed the first part of this scripture and something that was on my heart. This topic is still on my mind. Living for the glory of God is such a big issue, that I feel we could talk about it always. As do I feel that there are always things in my life that I need to correct before I can honestly say that I honor God with my whole life. If I would even get to that point. Big if.

As with all things, I think the state of our heart is important. Our God knows your heart and mine, and He knows our desires. Main point here is this: is He our main desire?

That questions poses a health check. We can't get to 1 Corinthians 10:32-33 if this is not the case. A desire to know Him more is where we need to start and keep coming back to. Hebrews 11 states that 'without faith it is impossible to please God', in Psalm 104 the author writes that his meditions pleases God, in 1 Timothy 2 we can read that it pleases God when we pray, give thanks and intercede for other people.

All these - and other scriptures that discuss pleasing God and giving God glory - have one theme in the middle. We actually NEED to spend time with Him. Quality time. Have you grown more hungry lately? I think in order for us to play a larger role in reaching our cities, 'so that they may be saved', it is imperative that we grow more hungry and spend more time with our Creator. We are stronger with Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment