Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Keep coming back!

Psalm 22:21b

You have answered me!


Last post was about putting God in the right context and making God personal. This post continues on that. For me, Psalm 22 is pretty intense. David is explicit when talking to God here:

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

and

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.


and

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.


These are intense things to say to God. We grow up thinking we always have to be respectful to God and of course that is true. I do think though that most of all we have to be honest. God showed us that He wants a personal relationship with us by giving us His Son. Jesus showed the greatest love of all by offering himself up for our sins. One of the least things we can do is be honest about what we think and feel! He can handle it.

That is not the only aspect that gives David breakthrough and new inspiration. He is honest to God, but still comes back to God to give Him honour. "You are  holy." He still asks God for help. Despite his circumstances he still trusts in God. When the circumstances are extremely peril and David doesn't have anywhere to go but to God..

He answers.

God answers. The tone in verses 22-31 is so different. David has found new life and new inspiration. When we are in worship or when we are praying, do we tell God literally everything? Do we allow God to work with our deepest thoughts and inner feelings? Do we give God glory even though the breakthrough hasn't happened yet and do we trust Him completely? Do we keep coming back to God with everything that's happening? This all takes time, but I think that if we do, there is a whole new space for us to enter into in our prayer lives and worship moments. Because God will answer you.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment