Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WAIT!

Psalm 27:13 and Psalm 28:6


"I remain confident in this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord
Be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord. "

"Blessed be the Lord
Because He has heard my cry for mercy!
The Lord is my strength and my shield.
My heart trusted in Him and I am helped."

Man! This follows up on the last post so well. If you did not read that one: it emphasized the need to keep on coming back to God, even in difficult circumstances. Here we can read something similar. I just love Psalm 27. I know I might be repeating myself, but it's so personal. In verse 5 it says that He keeps us safe in days of trouble. That He hides us and gives us shelter. In verse 10 we can read that our Lord receives us even when nobody around us does. He loves and accepts unconditionally.

Psalm 28 paints a great picture again. In the first verses David cries out to God. He asks God to not be silent and to hear him when David cries out for help, which is exactly what God does. We need to be persistent in our prayer, and in our worship. Then this encouragement is amazingly good: Be strong, take heart and wait for the Lord.

I believe something powerful happens when we wait for God to move. Sometimes we, especially us musicians, tend to go through our set list and play great music. Which is good of course. But what is our attitude in worship? Miracles do not happen because of great solos. They happen when God shows up. In John 6:5 Jesus asks Philip where to buy bread, when the multitude comes. Jesus already knew what was about to happen though. In worship, it is imperative to wait on God and to know, be expectant of what is about to happen. And create space for God to move. God knows what he wants. He also wants us to cooperate.

So just be encouraged by this. He will show up. He wants to be involved like that. He hears your call. But let me also challenge you. How much space do you allow Him to move in?

No comments:

Post a Comment